Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer, what was that?


I was just looking at my last message. We did the relay for life. It was a lot of fun this year because I was in better shape than I had been in the past so I was able to hold up my end of the laps this year.
How funny is it that summer is almost over and here I am. The kids are returning to school, the evenings are getting cooler. Luckily we live in southern California and the days are still very warm. One more week and I will going back to my normal schedule. The paychecks were nice, but the hours were killer. I also didn't get to see much of my baby girl this summer. I am so ready to get back to my old routine.
I love summer because we get to go swimming and hang out, but this summer was a killer. I was too tired to really get any paper crafting done. I will soon be getting a much larger craft room soon. I am so excited. I will have all my crafting thing in one room again, sewing, scrapping, card making. My first project is to finish a tee shirt quilt for my son. I started making him a quilt made from tee shirts he got while doing youth theater. They have the name of the shows on the front and some of them had the cast names on the back. I will post a picture of it when I get finished. I have the top cut and sewn together I just need a bigger work area to put the batting and back on right. It turned out quit large, he had a lot of shirts! LOL. Have a great evening everyone and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment