Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ta Da....

I made it!!!! June is over. I finished my last activity for the month of June. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We did our weekend "Relay for Life". It is such a job to get ready for it, you never know what the weather will be. Last year it was very cold and rainy. This year it was so windy we couldn't put up our tent until about 7:30. We forgot our tent stakes and we didn't have enough stuff to put inside to weigh it down. :) But we did have fun when we finally settled in. We hung out and cheered each other on as we did our laps around the track. My laps weren't until 2:30-3:30. I tried to get some rest at 7:30 but I had forgotten how much noisier things are inside of a tent. I would doze a little then someone or something would wake me up. I finally gave up at 12:30 this morning an just got up.

Becky and Chad doing laps, Alex and Kelly playing a game, Carol and Alex before the survivor lap (Alex was walking for Katie). Alex and Carol walking the survivor lap and friends forever. as you can see we had a good day, along day, but a good day. It is such a surreal thing to do. It helps you to remember how precious life is. I didn't get pictures of the luminaries this year. That is one of the reasons I like to do the after dark laps, I can walk in the peace and quiet and just enjoy the lights from the luminaries. I have time to myself to just think and take it all in. I am thankful for the ones in my life who have survived cancer and am thankful to have known the ones who did not.
We had the privilege to sell our cards "for the cure". It was cool this year, there was a couple who remembered us from last year and were looking for us. They bought some more of our cards. It really made us feel good. Well I hope everyone had a great Sunday. God Bless you all, Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment